With Kevin Deegan who comes out to preach every conference from NYGeneral Conference
This was one of the best times I’ve had evangelizing at General Conference! The reason for that was all the great conversations I got into, not just with Mormons (one was a sister missionary who admitted Brigham Young was racist), but agnostic ex-Mormons, as well as a Christian couple (Barry and Della) from Washington who saw my sign and decided to stop and talk with me for about an hour. Most of the conversations were Saturday afternoon. I was a little disappointed that I wasn’t getting into any decent conversations with LDS on Sunday, but at the very end I talked to two very open brothers-in-law and then right after that I talked to three very open young adult guys at one time. All these guys had just got out of conference and were heading home. The three guys let me pray for them. One of those brothers-in-law (Tyson) interrupted me while I was preaching. I told him to wait a minute for the crowd to cross the street. He did, and we ended up having a very enjoyable conversation.
I heard from a couple people Saturday on how important the Book of Abraham fraud was for them leaving. One has been out for about 4 years now. I asked him (Arthur) what he thought of Christ. This ex-Mormon enjoyed Christ’s moral message, but didn’t accept the claims for His deity. I gave him some basic apologetics, and encouraged him to get some good apologetic material. He, like another, just stopped by to get a picture with me and my sign. I gave him, as well as a handful of others, the Jesus Christ/Joseph Smith DVD.
Another guy stopped by who used to be LDS, but was unsure about his eternal destiny. I shared the gospel with him and invited him to pray with me to receive Christ. He wasn’t ready, but wanted more time to research what I was saying.
This burned on their retinas as they crossed South Temple.Another LDS guy came up to me and shook my hand telling me that he appreciated my approach more than most others! That meant a lot to me. I’ve been really emphasizing how much I love them, how concerned I am, and how I’m praying for them as they walk past me.
Flashing neon lighted shirt too!
Here’s the video of me preaching over the weekend.
Here are the stats for people visiting my site. But first let me give you the stats from Friday, the day before, to put things in perspective. I got only 53 total hits that day with only 10 from Utah. Saturday when the conference began, I got 169 total with 55 from Utah. Sunday, it went up again... 222 total and 107 from UT.
I did quite a bit of editing last month on a couple major projects for others. The first was for Saved X Mormon’s new YouTube video: Mormon Secrets 2: What they don’t say about Race. One of the comments left underneath the video made the work all worthwhile: “As an African American member of the lds church, this was very difficult to watch. My testimony is now diminished. Someone, please help me.”
The second project was for my buddy Adam Dommeyer’s upcoming book Almost a Mormon (WestBow Press, a division of Thomas Nelson and Zondervan). I am really excited about this book, so keep an eye out for it. Adam asked me to write a recommendation for it.
We had a very interesting time at our last monthly fellowship. Lance Earl came all the way down from the Pocatello, ID area and shared his testimony as well as the recordings he took from his excommunication court, which was just two weeks prior. If you’d like to watch the video, see here. If you’d like to see the pictures, see here.
Upcoming Mission Trips
There are two temple openings for the next couple months. One is Meridian, ID and the other is Cedar City, UT. Please keep these in prayer as I would like to evangelize at both and preach in local churches.
We Need Your Partnership!
We not only need your prayers, but we need your financial partnership as well. Keep in mind that your investment is not simply for us, but for the lives of others we reach with the gospel. The standard way to financially invest is by writing a check to Courageous Christians United (CCU). For more information on various ways to invest in this ministry, including online giving, please see our “Invest” page on any of our sites. Please keep in mind we have no financial guarantees each month. Ministry partners come and go. If you’re not a partner and are blessed by these monthly updates, please consider joining our team and let us know soon. We’d love to be your missionaries here in Utah. Many thanks to those of you who hold us up in prayer and in your financial giving!
We expect God to provide for our needs through you. Why? Because the Bible is clear: “the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel” (1 Cor. 9:14).
Be strong and courageous (Joshua 1:6)!
President, Courageous Christians United
Thank you for your continued work to bring LDS to Jesus!
1.Do you beleive in Bible for the based of true faith?
2. Genesis 1:26New King James Version (NKJV)
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[a] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
My question is that Man is include in God Head its not any more three but as people succeed on earth to be like him.
3. If you believe in bible as your based of faith so then that all people of God like prophets and messenger are all united in purpose and doctrine.So any person from different time and place is consistent with there message and there is no contradiction.Because you have other book added supplement to the bible?
4. God Head is the same term for God's plan like a soul?Jesus have a soul? Holy Spirit, Angels, Kerubin are living spirits in heaven? All came from God[heavenly Father all living spirit/soul belong to him responsible to give life and death according to his will] as Creator of the universe correct?
[I replied:] 1) I hold to the Bible as the basis for our salvation in Christ.
2) Not quite sure what you're asking. However, there is a difference between an image and a nature. We are in the image of God and not His nature. We are human and resemble God, and God is not human in His nature. His nature is unique in that He created everything outside Himself. And all 3 Persons of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were involved in creation. Father (1 Cor. 8:6), Son (1 Cor. 8:6), and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:2). Yet, He created alone and by Himself without any other God (Isa. 44:6, 8, and 24).
3) As long as whatever revelation outside of the Bible does not contradict the Bible, if it really is a revelation of God, then God is not going to contradict Himself in His various revelations. However, if anyone (prophet or angel) comes and gives any other gospel than that which has already been received, then they are to be damned (Gal. 1:6-9).
4) I don't see why I would equate the term Godhead with God's plan. They are distinct. One refers to what comprises His being or nature, and the later is a specific aspect of His being, namely His will. Animals have souls, but they aren't in His image. Humans have souls and are in His image, but they don't comprise the Godhead, which is eternally made up of 3 distinct Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
I am interested in coming out to Utah in December when the Ex-Mormon will be sharing their testimony.
Does your Ministry outreach in SLC during this time? I am very interested in going on an Outreach in SLC, Temple Square, and wherever else in SLC and nearby (?).